Protection of Personal Information Notice
Biddulphs International has a long‐standing commitment to safeguard the privacy of information entrusted to
us and regard this commitment as essential. Protecting the confidentiality and security of customer and
employee information has always been an integral part of how we conduct our business.
We pledge to ensure our business practices protect your personal information in accordance with our Privacy
Policy. This Privacy Statement applies to all personal information that we obtain or handle in South Africa.
Biddulphs makes this statement in respect of its basic policies concerning the protection of personal information
of customers, job applicants and employees.
- We will comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act as well as all other applicable laws,
documentation which may govern your relationship with Biddulphs.
- Where it is necessary for us to obtain personal information, we will only do so by lawful and fair means. In the event that you are a job applicant and provide us with the names and contact details of referees, we will
regard the fact that you provided that information to us as your consent to us contacting those referees to
request additional information about you.
- We will only use your personal information within the scope of achieving the following purposes:
- a. Evaluating your suitability for employment at Biddulphs.
- b. As required in the course of your employment for company and statutory purposes.
- a. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between you and us.
- b. To confirm and verify that you are an authorized customer for security purposes.
- We will not obtain from you, use, or provide to a third party, information regarding political views,
religion (faith, consciousness and lineage), affiliation with any labour union, ethnicity, domicile of origin,
health care and sexual life, except as necessary for our proper business management or any other
purposes deemed necessary by law.
- We may outsource all or part of the handling of your personal information to third parties approved by us in
order to accomplish the purposes set out in Paragraph 3 above. We will supervise any such outsourced
service provider as necessary to ensure the personal information is secure in accordance with applicable
laws and guidelines.
- We will take any necessary and adequate security measures and exercise adequate supervision over all
officers and employees and any outsourced service providers to protect your personal information against
leaks, loss or damage, etc.
- You may request disclosure of the personal information we hold on you, or request the amendment,
removal or updating of such personal information by writing to the information desk at the address set out
in Paragraph 8 below. After we obtain satisfactory evidence of your identity, we will seek to address your
request in accordance with the applicable laws and guidelines.
- If you have any questions or comments regarding your personal information or this statement, you can
contact the Information Helpdesk for Personal Information in the following ways:
- Head Office : 189 Rooiberg Street, N4 Gateway, Willow Park Manor, Pretoria 0184
- Tel: 012 386‐1321
- E‐mail: email@example.com
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Monday to Friday except for public holidays)
- This statement may be amended from time to time. At the time of any amendment, we will publish a
revised statement in substitution for this webpage.
- In order to constantly monitor and, where necessary, improve our handling of your personal information
we will periodically review this statement and security measures or any other associated activities related
to personal data.